Legacy by J G Faherty

Legacy - JG Faherty

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Teenager Sean is having horrific nightmares and after a particularly violent storm starts noticing disturbing changes to his body, strange voices in his head and that everyone is treating him differently, including his crush. As he delves into the history of New Haven, he learns that he holds the key to the destruction of mankind but it's one that can see him rule over all.

This was a great little read, the writing is fluid and it packs a lot into such a short novella. The length however seemed a little too short and I felt I didn't really have enough time to get to know Sean before it was finished. That being said I thought there were plenty of fun scenes, I especially liked the town people and their reverence for him which only confuses him until he learns his destiny. Although some of this at times felt almost comical in it's deliverance, there were some very effectively disturbing scenes that were absolutely chilling. Overall a great read and my first by Mr Faherty. Recommended.