Star Trek: City on the Edge of Forever

Star Trek: City on the Edge of Forever - Harlan Ellison, David Tipton, J. K. Woodward, Scott Tipton

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I will start by saying that I wasn't that huge a fan of the star trek series although I did watch a number of the episodes growing up, I would never call myself a trekkie. That being said I really enjoyed this read.

The story itself has a rogue crew member, Beckwith, beaming himself down to a planet that appears to be responsible for time anomalies on the ship. Kirk, Spock and a small crew party follow him and come across the Guardians of Forever. They stand guard over the vortex and as they explain how it works, Beckwith escapes past the crew into the vortex as it's set to 1930. The guardian tells Kirk that Beckwith has altered events in the past, Kirk and Spock are then sent back to an earlier time to try and stop his actions and ensure the past stays as it should be.

There is a lot to love in this but best of all was the art, it was absolutely gorgeous. Each panel was beautiful, vibrant and highly detailed. It really is absolutely stunning.

This is so close to the feel of the show it's amazing how well it's been transferred from the teleplay to a graphic novel.
An absolute must for Star Trek fans but really any graphic novel reader will love this.
Highly recommended.