24 Festive Tasks: Door 9 Thanksgiving

hosted by Murder by Death, Themis-Athena, and Moonlight Snow

Task 1:  List the 3 books you’ve read this year you’re most “thankful” for (your favs) or the one book you’ve ever read that changed your life for the better.

Powerful story about grief and letting go. Loved it.

That ending was BRUTAL!!

Not chosen for it's rating but because it introduced me to a new author, Christopher Buehlman.

Task 2:  Describe your perfect meal.  What would you cook for the perfect celebration, or, what would you have your imaginary personal chef cook for you?

I love pork dumplings but wouldn't have the time or patience to make them myself so that  would be something I would have made as well as haggis bon bons. Yum

Task 3:  Name a book you’ve read this year that you thought was full of “stuffing”.

Have no idea what the point of this story was, no substance whatsoever, thank god it was only 37 pages long. Too long even at that.

Task 4:  Show us your 2018 book “harvest” – the books you newly acquired this year, regardless whether bought, received as gift or in whichever other way.

Beloved Poison (Jem Flockhart) - E. S. Thomson  The Pilo Family Circus - Will Elliott,Katherine Dunn  The Thicket - Joe R. Lansdale  By the Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead - Julie Anne Peters,C.J. Bott  The Child - Fiona Barton  The Naturalist (The Naturalist Series Book 1) - Andrew Mayne  We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed With Our Families - Philip Gourevitch  Klondike Slaughter - David Haynes  Survive - David Haynes  The Church of Broken Pieces - David Haynes  Deranged: The Shocking True Story of America's Most Fiendish Killer - Harold Schechter  A River in Darkness: One Man's Escape from North Korea - Masaji Ishikawa  The Light of the Fireflies - Simon Bruni,Paul Pen  The Air Raid Killer - Steve Anderson,Frank Goldammer  Sparrow Man - M.R. Pritchard  The Hunger - Alma Katsu  The Bleak December - Kevin G. Summers  The Walking Dead, Vol. 17: Something to Fear - Robert Kirkman  The Walking Dead: What Comes After (The Walking Dead, #18) - Robert Kirkman,Charlie Adlard,Cliff Rathburn  The Walking Dead, Vol. 19: March to War - Charlie Adlard,Robert Kirkman  The Walking Dead, Vol. 20: All Out War Part 1 - Stefano Gaudiano,Cliff Rathburn,Charlie Adlard,Robert Kirkman  The Walking Dead Vol. 21: All Out War Part 2 - Robert Kirkman,Charlie Adlard,Cliff Rathburn,Stefano Gaudiano  Darkness There: Selected Tales by Edgar Allan Poe [Kindle in Motion] - Edgar Allan Poe,M. Deborah Corley  Dracula - Bram Stoker

Journey to the Center of the Earth (Kindle in Motion) - Jules Verne  The Walking Dead Volume 24: Life and Death (Walking Dead (6 Stories)) - Stefano Gaudiano,Charlie Adlard,Robert Kirkman  Lightning Men: A Novel - Thomas Mullen  White Trash Zombie Apocalypse - Diana Rowland  Battlefields, Volume 1: Night Witches - Garth Ennis,Russell Braun  Battlefields: Dear Billy - Garth Ennis,Peter Snejbjerg  Battlefields, Volume 3: The Tankies - Garth Ennis,Carlos Esquerra  Battlefields, Volume 4: Happy Valley - Garth Ennis,P.J. Holden,Garry Leach  Battlefields, Volume 5: Firefly and His Majesty - Garth Ennis,Carlos Esquerra  Battlefields, Volume 6: Motherland - Russ Braun,Garth Ennis  Garth Ennis' Battlefields Volume 7: The Green Fields Beyond TP (Battlefields (Dynamite)) - Carlos Ezquerra,Garth Ennis  Garth Ennis' Battlefields Volume 8: The Fall And Rise Of Anna Kharkova TP (Battlefields (Dynamite)) - Garth Ennis  Garth Ennis' Red Team Vol. 1 - Garth Ennis,Craig Cermak  Dead on my Feet - J.A. Konrath  The Boy on the Bridge - M.R. Carey  The Walking Dead Volume 26: Call To Arms - Robert Kirkman

The Walking Dead Volume 29: : Lines We Cross - Robert Kirkman  The Walking Dead: Here's Negan! - Robert Kirkman  The Walking Dead Volume 28 - Robert Kirkman  Crime Stories - A Mystery Thriller Collection - J.A. Konrath  A Morning for Flamingos - James Lee Burke  Midnight Riot - Ben Aaronovitch  The Valancourt Book of Horror Stories - Francis King,John Blackburn,Richard Marsh,Michael McDowell,Stephen Gregory  The Valancourt Book of Horror Stories: Volume Two - Nevil Shute,Mary Elizabeth Braddon,Michael P. Kube-McDowell  The Valancourt Book of Victorian Christmas Ghost Stories - Tara Moore  White Russian - J.A. Konrath  Last Day - Bryan Smith  Murder Squad - Bryan Smith  Lonesome Dove - Larry McMurtry  The Lesser Dead - Christopher Buehlman  The Suicide Motor Club - Christopher Buehlman  The Necromancer's House - Christopher Buehlman  Between Two Fires - Christopher Buehlman  Bitch Planet Volume 2: President Bitch - Kelly Sue DeConnick  Saga, Volume 6 - Brian K. Vaughan,Fiona Staples  Saga, Volume 7 - Fiona Staples,Brian K. Vaughan  Empty Zone Volume 2: The Industrial Smile - Darragh Savage,Shawn Jason Alexander  No Country for Old Men - Cormac McCarthy  The Road - Cormac McCarthy  Geek Love - Katherine Dunn

64 new books this year - I've read 14 of them since being bought,

Book:  Autumnal covers, set in New England, or a turkey shows up in the story.

Elevation - Stephen King